2016 NJAFED Presidents Scholarship
PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The New Jersey Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NJAFED) is a not for profit organization that utilizes its fund raisings towards further educating and lobbying to improve the economic environment, business performance, and technical competence in the fire protection and life safety industry.
Purpose and Intent The purpose of the President’s Scholarship Program is to promote career development in the fire protection and life safety industry.
Eligibility Applicants to the NJAFED President’s Scholarship Fund must be:
· A member of this association or a child or grandchild of a member of this association.
· A high school senior who plans to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study (fire protection and life safety industry related) at an accredited two or four year university, college or vocational tech school.
· Permanent primary residence (not school address) in New Jersey.
Awards Two scholarships will be available annually in the amount of $2,500.00 each. Payment to be made directly to the recipient of the scholarship to be used towards his/her undergraduate work at their school of choice.
Application Each applicant must complete the following:
· The attached application.
· Essay of approximately 300 words of why you are pursuing a career in the fire protection and life safety industry and how you plan to further pursue that career after your undergraduate work is completed.
· Complete high school transcript of grades.
· Letter of recommendation from high school advisor.
· Letter of recommendation from someone in the industry.
Selection of Winners Scholarship winners are selected on the basis of high school transcript of grades, 300 word essay, potential to succeed, participation in school and community/volunteer activities, and letter of recommendations. Final selections to be voted on by the NJAFED board of directors.
Right to Revisions NJAFED reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of the President’s Scholarship Program and to make changes at any time including termination of the same.
Contact Info Any questions regarding the above program should be directed to the NJAFED office at (888) 542-0544 NJ or (814) 836-2864
Completed applications must be submitted and postmarked by April 1st, to:
New Jersey Association of Fire Equipment Distributors Inc.
150 Maple Avenue #132 • South Plainfield, NJ 07080
(888) 542-0544 NJ • (814) 836-2864 (814) 838-5127 FAX
INFO@NJAFED.COM • WWW.NJAFED.COM